Why must your medical devices be tested?
Medical devices are performance verified (safety and function):
- To ensure that they are working as they should
- To ensure preventative maintenance and calibration is undertaken in accordance with manufacturers specifications and standards
- To ensure patients and staff are safe from the risk of an electric shock.
Any person or organisation that uses or maintains medical devices is subject to the standard AS/NZS 3551:2012 "Technical management programs for medical devices". The standard is called up under the electricity (safety) regulations.
We aim to ensure that the medical devices you use every day comply with all rules, regulations and standards required in New Zealand. It's all about risk management, health and safety and ultimately "peace of mind".
Who are we?
Biomedical Services New Zealand Limited is an independent company offering nationwide medical asset management solutions to DHB's, private hospitals and other medical facilities and clinics. You will get all the advantages of a large provider at cost competitive prices.
Why choose us?
Biomedical Services NZ Ltd maintains a significant strategic presence throughout New Zealand. This places our company in a very strong position to provide comprehensive and expert tailor made medical asset management solutions to the New Zealand Health Sector.
We are able to offer superior back-up support and facilities that will guarantee seamless service provision.
Our company has been operating successfully for over twenty years and has a proven track record of exceptional performance within the New Zealand Health Sector.
Who are our clients?
We currently provide services to 5 District Health Boards and over 60% of the private surgical hospital sector in addition to numerous medical clinics including medical centres, physiotherapist clinics, birthing centres and dental clinics.
What are our core services?
The company provides a comprehensive range of medical device management services as follows:
- Safety testing (electrical and performance) of medical devices and systems to required standards and legislation
- Preventative maintenance and calibration
- Repairs service
- Repairs management
Medical Technology Asset Management
- Medical device management system for asset recording
- Condition audits and risk prioritised multi year replacement plans
- Online access to asset information and test results
- Full testing documentation and report
- Lifecycle asset management in line with ISO55001 Standard
Consultancy and Management
- Service reviews and audits
- Medical Device incident investigation
- Performance and cost benchmarking
- Biomedical departmental service management
- Equipment management advice
- Service agent contract management
- Technical advice and assistance to accreditation process
We provide tailored solutions that include:
- Review and gap analysis for your biomedical engineering services
- Biomedical engineering departmental structure design and benchmarking analysis
- Management of your current biomedical engineering department
- Asset audits and condition reporting
- Health technology assessment service
- Equipment procurement projects
- Development of technical documentation
- Asset life-cycle management planning and capital replacement advice
What are our resources?
Biomedical Services NZ Ltd maintains a significant resource base in New Zealand, which are spread geographically across New Zealand. This includes substantial technical and management expertise , proven internet based systems for equipment and repairs management, documentation and reporting systems, quality systems and an extensive range of testing equipment.
Who are our staff?
We currently employ 18 technicians who are supplemented by considerable management expertise.
Management expertise includes Business Management, Operations Management and Systems Management.
This is further aided by management and service support available through our Australian sister company Cabrini Technology Group, which provides similar support to over 300 hospitals nationally and employs over 500 technical specialists through its Chemtronics Biomedical Engineering service.
Our staff have a combination of over 100 years' experience in the biomedical field. All staff have appropriate qualifications and maintain New Zealand electrical registration. We also employ a New Zealand registered electrical inspector. Staff receive regular training and attend appropriate course and conferences.
We maintain direct representation on the Standards committee and have a close association with relevant contacts both within the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and Ministry of Health.
Where are we located?
We currently have bases in Auckland, Rotorua, Tauranga, Hamilton, Masterton and Wellington (Upper Hutt).
How do we implement quality control?
Quality is an integral component of all business operations. An active quality improvement process is maintained under the guidance of a dedicated and committed Management team.
Quality is monitored across all aspects and levels of our company business and services operations.
Service performance is actively monitored on an on-going basis through a variety of means and processes including quality review, compliance review, technician review, contract review meetings and systems analysis.
What are our key business goals?
Our key business imperatives include both financial sustainability and service performance. We are all about managing medical equipment risk within the Health Sector and providing peace of mind to our clients through excellent service provision.
What is our stance on Health and Safety?
We maintain a dedicated Occupational Safety and Health Committee that meets on a regular basis.
Our company prides itself on its excellent health and safety record. This is a credit to the staff, training, systems, policies and processes adhered to by the company.